Training for all apprentices will be work-based within a commercial salon/barbers so employment within a salon is crucial for this qualification. The apprentice will become a specialist in classic and current barbering techniques learning hair cutting in addition to shaving and beard trimming. In addition to working in a salon environment, apprentices will attend Westrow training academy once a week for 4 hours to complete their studies in both the practical and theoretical aspects of the barbering trade.
This course allows the Apprentice to complete an apprenticeship standard in Barbering at Level 2, Functional Skills at Level 2 in English and Maths, accompanied by an 'Employment Rights and Responsibilities' module. Alongside this, personal learning and thinking skills will also be developed.
This course is designed to meet the needs of barbers wishing to develop skills, with modules including:
• Advise and consult with clients
• Shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp
• Cutting Men's hair using basic techniques to create a variety of looks
• Cut facial hair to shape using basic techniques
• Style and finish men's hair
• Cut facial hair into shape
• Provide shaving services
During the course students will collect a portfolio of evidence for assessment. This will consist of written, oral and observational practice evidence. Also an end point assessment is needed to complete. The apprentice will be assessed for a day on practical skills by an independent City & Guilds assessor.
• Above the age of 16 years old to qualify for funding, For 19 years and above your employer will have to contribute a percentage to the government funding
• You must not be studying on any other NVQ program
• Must be in employment for at least 30 hours per week (exceptions for private students)
• Specialist techniques in barbering
• Assessors Awards
• Teacher Training
Telephone 0113 3979400
Westrow is committed to achieving equality of opportunity for all staff students and members of the community it serves. In doing so, Westrow will actively work to achieve equality, regardless of age, race, skin colour, disability, gender, marital status, sexuality or faith.